Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Regraded Once Upon a Time in America Extended Director's Cut (more colourful version)
So here it is, the first completed fan restoration on fanres.com. May this release be the first of many! Smile

kk650 presents: Regraded Once Upon a Time in America Extended Director's Cut

Technical Specs:

Name: Regraded Once Upon a Time in America Extended Director's Cut

Size: 34.5 GB

Video: 1920x1080 H264 23.976

Audio Track: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitle Track 1: English Subtitles

Subtitle Track 2: Spanish Subtitles

nirbateman from originaltrilogy.com requested that I check out the new Once Upon a Time in America Extended Director's Cut blu-ray and when it arrived a few days ago, I could see that he was right about a strong blanket yellow tint having been applied to the whole film.

With this release I have gone ahead and removed the strong blanket yellow tint across the whole film, bringing all the other colours in the film back to life, making the film lot more natural looking and pleasant to watch.

This version of Once Upon a Time in America has also had the colour saturation boosted to more closely match the stronger colours of the first Once Upon a Time in America US Blu-ray and previous DVD releases. This more colourful version is now my preferred version of this release.

I hope you like what i've done here. Please post back here with feedback of what you think of this release after you check it out, it would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Here are comparisons between the blu-ray and this regraded release:

Blu-ray 1:

[Image: gqTnNb7.jpg]

Regraded 1:

[Image: gpRKGfG.jpg]

Blu-ray 2:

[Image: 964DDnp.jpg]

Regraded 2:

[Image: XtzcTyn.jpg]

Blu-ray 3:

[Image: oCAA69A.jpg]

Regraded 3:

[Image: LfMDTqT.jpg]

Blu-ray 4:

[Image: Q8jfJaM.jpg]

Regraded 4:

[Image: eLMY2jZ.jpg]

Blu-ray 5:

[Image: ss6JUEg.jpg]

Regraded 5:

[Image: t1Kzw2Z.jpg]

Currently available at that most paradoxical of places. Wink
GREAT project, happy to be the first on fanres!!!
Thanks given by:
That is a major improvement!!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Lee, this release has been a lot more popular than I expected, its been a very pleasant surprise! Smile

I hope you like what you see if/when you get round to checking out this release PDB.
Thanks given by:
I want to grab it but the links for the free users provided are super slow now.

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-18, 03:55 AM)DoomBot Wrote: I want to grab it but the links for the free users provided are super slow now.

Just tried downloading the first part from 1fichier as a free user. 800mb downloaded in 13 minutes with speeds of 800-1000KB/s. That is very fast for a free user IMHO. Perhaps the problem is with your IP limiting download speeds on certain hosting sites?
Thanks given by:
I've used 1fichier before to get a project of yours and never had slow speeds. It was around 800-1000KB/s like you said, nothing on my end has changed though.

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-18, 09:35 PM)DoomBot Wrote: I've used 1fichier before to get a project of yours and never had slow speeds. It was around 800-1000KB/s like you said, nothing on my end has changed though.

I'm downloading from a european IP while I'm guessing that you're downloading from a US IP, which is why you're getting the slower speeds. Going through a european proxy or using a VPN in europe would probably fix the speed problems you're having I imagine.
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, i was going to ask where your from and that answers that. It must be why the slow speeds then, yes i'm in the US. Damn

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-20, 04:35 PM)DoomBot Wrote: Ah ok, i was going to ask where your from and that answers that. It must be why the slow speeds then, yes i'm in the US.  Damn

Try using one of these free french proxys, 1fichier is a french service so you should get the best speeds. Go for the ones providing better anonymity.

http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-fr/

Otherwise you can pay a very small amount, 5-10 dollars a month, for a VPN service that protects your anonymity online and allows you to access those 1ficher links via a european IP, which should fix your speed problem.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Released] Death Machine (1994) UK Director's Cut alleycat 10 1,191 2024-03-25, 11:31 PM
Last Post: zoidberg
Video Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Special Longer Version HD Recreation TheLoon 79 29,887 2024-03-13, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Texas longhorn 77
  Cobra (1986, Sylvester Stallone), Film Whisperer extended version The Film Whisperer 5 2,964 2024-03-06, 12:23 AM
Last Post: lp82
  [Released] Halloween (1978): Extended Edition (Remastered) kidjupiter92 4 1,900 2024-02-25, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jedihunter92
  [Released] Johnny Mnemonic Extended Edition alleycat 46 11,474 2024-02-05, 01:58 PM
Last Post: fanislive
  [Released] Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition - The Anti-DNR Fanedit iguanaclerk 3 440 2024-01-21, 02:01 PM
Last Post: HippieDalek
  Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition HD Recreation (Version 3 out now) iguanaclerk 122 69,013 2024-01-20, 09:44 AM
Last Post: iguanaclerk
Lightbulb [Released] Joker (2019) Alternate Extended Edition Fan Edit freetheworld 19 8,236 2024-01-16, 05:56 AM
Last Post: babda96
  The Protector (威龍猛探) [1985]--Japanese version Film Whisperer restoration The Film Whisperer 0 229 2024-01-09, 03:40 AM
Last Post: The Film Whisperer
  [Fan edit] Raiders of the Lost Ark - Soderbergh version remux spoRv 5 6,278 2023-11-24, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Stamper