Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek VHS Widescreen Edition/Special Collector's Series Archives (VHS ONLY Talk)
Okay, since the other thread has become an amalgam of it's former self I decided to finally create a singular thread just for this.  These are the Star Trek VHS Widescreen Edition tapes I will be archiving ....

1.  Star Trek TMP - Director's Cut
2.  Star Trek TWOK (Sealed)
3.  Star Trek TVH (Sealed)
4.  Star Trek Generations
5.  Star Trek First Contact (Sealed)
6.  Star Trek Insurrection

I have NOT obtained any of the other Widescreen Edition VHS tapes because I was hoping to find others with the "Collectors Info Card" that came with tapes 2 thru 6 in the above list.  IF and when I can find them, I will do them as well.

PLZ stay on topic in this thread.  It will help greatly for those wanting to know about this specific archive project.

Cheers!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Just a note, the Star Trek TMP Director's Cut VHS just showed up today. I believe I'll be starting this archive within the week. Watch this space.

Smile
Thanks given by:
Aside from the nostalgia aspect, is there any benefit to having these VHS tapes captured?
Thanks given by:
I am doing this for myself but I wanted to see if there were any others who might want or enjoy copies of these. I never consider any benefits when I capture stuff or share things for projects. I just like to share.

I'm sorry if the thread title was confusing in any way.
Thanks given by:
So it is for the nostalgia, which I understandTongue
Thanks given by:
Also, they are nice to have just in case, you know.

Smile
Thanks given by:
I just received Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan in VHS format, sealed, from the black Special Collector's Series. I already have TMP from this set and I'm looking for a sealed version of ST III from this set.

I'd like to do these separately of course.

Any suggestions/ideas/thoughts/comments?
Thanks given by:
UPDATE time .............

I know, it's been awhile. I finally have the DC and SLV (Special Collector's Series) of TMP from VHS capped. I believe I will upload them together as a pair because they are both great additions to collections that welcome Home Media preservations.

Is there anyone here that would like to make artwork for this set? I'd personally like to see a choice between 2 separate covers and 1 that combines both.

Drop a message here or pm me if you would prefer that.

Now I'm moving forward with my other ST VHS captures so I can get these out.

Cheers!!!!
Thanks given by:
I'm a graphic designer and would love to help out. Message me and we'll discuss.

(2016-08-14, 06:49 AM)Jetrell Fo Wrote: UPDATE time .............

I know, it's been awhile.  I finally have the DC and SLV (Special Collector's Series) of TMP from VHS capped.  I believe I will upload them together as a pair because they are both great additions to collections that welcome Home Media preservations.

Is there anyone here that would like to make artwork for this set?  I'd personally like to see a choice between 2 separate covers and 1 that combines both.  

Cheers!!!!
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-30, 09:33 PM)applecakes Wrote: I'm a graphic designer and would love to help out. Message me and we'll discuss.

(2016-08-14, 06:49 AM)Jetrell Fo Wrote: UPDATE time .............

I know, it's been awhile.  I finally have the DC and SLV (Special Collector's Series) of TMP from VHS capped.  I believe I will upload them together as a pair because they are both great additions to collections that welcome Home Media preservations.

Is there anyone here that would like to make artwork for this set?  I'd personally like to see a choice between 2 separate covers and 1 that combines both.  

Cheers!!!!

I will get a pm out to you soon. Thanks for offering to help.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Film logo preservation and talk thread SpaceBlackKnight 123 67,842 2024-03-09, 05:04 AM
Last Post: SpaceBlackKnight
  Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004) 35mm Int'l Trailer Scanning snicketary 9 4,381 2021-11-24, 06:08 AM
Last Post: snicketary
  Star Wars 4k project CaveDoctor 20 10,141 2020-08-26, 02:26 AM
Last Post: tjmackey
  Halloween Ressurection Uncut German Limited Edition Set?? Jetrell Fo 5 6,051 2017-07-31, 08:07 PM
Last Post: deblock
  "Scrubs" coming to Comedy Central in Widescreen and HD nafroe 14 13,547 2017-05-31, 06:03 AM
Last Post: ilovewaterslides
  Generic Pre-Abrams Star Trek Sources Archives (VHS,8mm,Trailers,Etc.) Jetrell Fo 24 21,952 2016-06-12, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Jetrell Fo
  [help]Possible Star Wars trailer audio spoRv 25 21,638 2015-06-04, 10:50 PM
Last Post: spoRv