Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Arrival [spoRv]
_,,,^..^,,,_ presents The Arrival [spoRv]

[Image: the_arrival.png]

| PROJECTS: Released | In progress | Future | Mission & Setup |

Mission: to make "The DEFINITIVE Arrival" edition.

Video source: Blu-ray, DVD, Laserdisc.
Audio sources: Blu-ray, DVD, Laserdisc.
Subtitles sources: Various.

Project info:
The Arrival on Blu-ray has some DNR, plus contrast problems and its color grading is different from previous versions on DVD and LD; it lacks also extras.
For this project, I will correct the contrast, then apply a 35mm grain plate to give the impression of a bit of more details; the DVD will be used as color reference for the color correction; all the DVD and laserdisc known extras will be added - still to be decided if it will be a BD-50, or two discs, one BD-25 with the movie in high definition, the other (BD-25 or AVCHD onto DVD-9) with extras.

Source Material

Video:
  • The Arrival - Blu-ray
  • The Arrival - German KinoWelt DVD (for extras)
  • The Arrival - Special Edition box set Laserdisc (for extras)
Audio:
  • The Arrival - Blu-ray DTS-HD MA
  • The Arrival - various DVD (for foreign languages)
  • The Arrival - Laserdisc AC3 (for film audio track and commentary)
Subtitles:
  • English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
Final format: BD-25

Video:

1920×1080, 23.976fps, A.R. 1.85:1, AVC encoded using x264, 18mbps average bitrate

Audio:

DTS-HD MA 24bit 7.1 from BD: English
DD 16bit 384kbps 5.1 from LD: English
DD 16bit 448kbps 5.1 from DVD: French, Italian, Spanish
DD 16bit 192kbps 2.0 from DVD: German
DD 16bit 192kbps 2.0 from LD: English commentary

Subtitles:

Movie: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Notes:

Animated menu, 28 chapters
Outside and inside covers, disc label

"Partner in crime":
  • thegroovologist for DVD extras and much help
  • DoomBot for soundtrack help and general advice
  • Jetrell Fo for The Making of The Arrival VHS capture
Project Status: RELEASED
Thanks given by:
OK, we are near the release date...
Video is ready, audio too... covers and disc label too.

I should finish to sync subtitles, and transcribe the italian subs from dialog - around 70%; then, I must do the BD "prologue", menu, author everywhere and tah-dah! It will be ready! Wink

Back to work - hope to finish subs job today...

P.S. Extra material will be released in a separate, bonus disc project.
Thanks given by:
Great news Andrea! I'm so glad your back to work on your projects. Did you finally get that monitor from your friend?

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Not yet... meanwhile, I decided to do whatever I could with this small monitor - so, for the moment, I'd prefer to not make any work involving color grading or matching... italian subs are at 80% now, slowly I'm finishing to transcribe them but hey, it's really, REALLY hard... don't know if I will finish today, I need a break so probably I'll watch one (or two, or three) movies, just to relax! Wink
Thanks given by:
OK, I watched just one movie, so I managed to finish the italian subs... wow, a pain in the... neck! Wink

Well, I'm very tired now, but tomorrow I'll check all the subs, then I'll try to author the BD... with me luck!
Thanks given by:
Good luck!  I'm looking forward to seeing a proper version of this, if I remember correctly the last time I saw it was on TV with commercials Sad
Thanks given by:
Just discovered that french and german audio tracks - and subs too - need to be sync'ed... tomorrow (actually, today, later!) I'll work on them!
Thanks given by:
Sync seems all OK - both audio and sub tracks... tomorrow I hope to make the final BD authoring.
Thanks given by:
Sweet!

Film Addict    
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to this Andrea. I remember going into the theater to see The Arrival not expecting much but coming out very impressed. Can't wait to see your version.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Fan edit] Michael Jackson's Ghosts (1997) [spoRv] spoRv 6 6,494 2021-07-05, 05:05 PM
Last Post: bananenmann
  Disney's Beauty and the Beast [spoRv] spoRv 42 43,102 2020-06-25, 03:06 PM
Last Post: workprint-lover-and-wanter
  [Fan edit] Alien: Covenant - extended edition [spoRv] spoRv 30 30,084 2018-09-14, 06:16 PM
Last Post: heathen3017
  [Released] The Arrival (1996) [Fundamental Collection™ #008] spoRv 4 7,643 2017-10-02, 10:56 PM
Last Post: spoRv
  [Fan edit] Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) [spoRv] spoRv 7 8,331 2017-08-23, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Colek
  [Fan edit] The Mummy (2017) [spoRv] spoRv 2 4,721 2017-08-21, 01:23 AM
  [Fan edit] Wonder Woman (2017) [spoRv] spoRv 17 14,360 2017-07-30, 01:33 AM
  [archived]Supernova (2000) [spoRv] *BD-25* spoRv 4 6,832 2017-06-25, 07:33 AM