Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] Underworld (2003) theatrical cut open matte
Just found the open matte version of Underworld theatrical cut, on BD; never thought it exists! Way better than the HDTV, and with DTS-HD MA English track instead AC-3.

I thought to put my hands on it, sooner or later; the biggest problem is that there are few languages available for the theatical cut, namely Russian (got it along the HDTV), French (available on French BD) and Italian (available only on the UHD-BD, along with French, both DTS-HD MA).

Now, I don't know if it's possible to get audio 1:1 from UHD-BD; if so, at least I'll get my language... if not, I should give up, or restore the unrated extended version using BD to patch missing parts (I've even thought to add few seconds not present in the unrated version, yet in the theatrical one); it would be a PITA to reconstruct it, but at least I'll get all the needed audio (and subs) tracks; it has been made before, using HDTV for open matte TC, but the BD parts were quite off, color wise; eventually, I'll regrade the BD (or the TC to be closer to BD, or better regrade both), and use cropped BD to get a 100% full screen version - yes, I know I'll lose part of the image, but at least it would flow better, maybe...

Opinions?
Thanks given by:
Can you explain a bit more wha the difference are in terms of color?

I remember that the Theatrical Cut on DVD had a more "natural" look, then the UNRATED version, which was extremely blueish.

BTW, what's the source of your find? I would be interested in that version Smile
Thanks given by:
(2017-07-13, 11:23 PM)spoRv Wrote: Just found the open matte version of Underworld theatrical cut, on BD; never thought it exists! Way better than the HDTV, and with DTS-HD MA English track instead AC-3.

I thought to put my hands on it, sooner or later; the biggest problem is that there are few languages available for the theatical cut, namely Russian (got it along the HDTV), French (available on French BD) and Italian (available only on the UHD-BD, along with French, both DTS-HD MA).

Now, I don't know if it's possible to get audio 1:1 from UHD-BD; if so, at least I'll get my language... if not, I should give up, or restore the unrated extended version using BD to patch missing parts (I've even thought to add few seconds not present in the unrated version, yet in the theatrical one); it would be a PITA to reconstruct it, but at least I'll get all the needed audio (and subs) tracks; it has been made before, using HDTV for open matte TC, but the BD parts were quite off, color wise; eventually, I'll regrade the BD (or the TC to be closer to BD, or better regrade both), and use cropped BD to get a 100% full screen version - yes, I know I'll lose part of the image, but at least it would flow better, maybe...

Opinions?

Which Bluray version Andrea?

This is what I have ... the other's I've purchased separately.

https://item.mercari.com/gl/m64252453586...oCymzw_wcB
Thanks given by:
Yep, the theatrical has that pinkish tone (too much for my tastes), while extended has the blueish one (idem); probably, giving the first a bit more green would get a good result, but more tests are required.

The BD appeared few days ago - available on the usual Russian tracker as well; it should be from some uncommon country, if I've well understood Philippines, but can't be sure.

Jetrell: nice boxset, better than the usual trilogy version I have!
Thanks given by:
(2017-07-15, 03:42 AM)spoRv Wrote: Yep, the theatrical has that pinkish tone (too much for my tastes), while extended has the blueish one (idem); probably, giving the first a bit more green would get a good result, but more tests are required.

The BD appeared few days ago - available on the usual Russian tracker as well; it should be from some uncommon country, if I've well understood Philippines, but can't be sure.

Jetrell: nice boxset, better than the usual trilogy version I have!

I saw they had the HDTV open-matte there too for this one.
Thanks given by:
Andrea, if you need the Theatrical Cut US DVD to re-color the movie, let me know. I personally never liked the complete blueish look, that was added to the unrated version. So a proper theatrical HD release would be welcome Wink
Thanks given by:
The open matte theatrical cut has the same colors of the DVD; but eventual foreign audio/subs tracks are welcome!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Help] Amadeus (1984) 35mm Theatrical-Cut. Help Needed! freedomland 41 8,837 2024-03-02, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Plissken1138
  [Idea] Back To The Future (1985) Theatrical Regrade? DatSWGuy 8 4,450 2024-02-16, 12:30 AM
Last Post: weegee2392
Exclamation open matte & full screen main thread spoRv 136 94,755 2024-02-15, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Nfsfan83
  [Idea] Theatrical Forced Subtitle Style Reconstruction bobbster574 1 212 2024-01-28, 11:13 PM
Last Post: stwd4nder2
Video [Proposal] Cross of Iron (1977) grindhouse German theatrical print audio sync project Plissken1138 4 1,388 2024-01-23, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Plissken1138
  The Warriors Theatrical Cut German Mediabook crampedmisfit1990 109 39,010 2023-12-23, 12:00 PM
Last Post: dvdmike
  Suspiria - R-Rated US theatrical version in HD SpaceBlackKnight 2 1,792 2023-10-01, 10:06 AM
Last Post: SpaceBlackKnight
  Sabrina (1995) Open Matte HDTV Falcon 0 547 2023-09-17, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Falcon
  [Request] Friday (1995) Theatrical Cut oh_riginal 1 559 2023-08-24, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Yarp
  [Request] Final Destination 2 Original Theatrical Cut Red41804 0 458 2023-08-15, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Red41804