Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] Peanuts Holiday Collection - sync mono from DVD to UHD?
Question 
Hey everyone, I've recently started going through my DVDs to look for original audio mixes I can use to make hybrid remuxes with UHD rips. I normally just have figure out the delay or from time to time, change the frame rates in EAC3to so they match.

No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get the video for the Peanuts Holiday Collection UHDs to sync up with audio in the Peanuts 1960's Collection. Has anyone attempted to do this or ran into a similar problem on another project? Any tips will be appreciated and I’m happy to make all my results public.
Thanks given by:
When new home video masters are prepared, sometimes they make mistakes. Frames may be dropped or duplicated. If the audio is remixed from the stems, then they may accidentally time the music cues a few frames earlier or later than was originally done.

If the audio is out of sync by a frame or two then I just go into a video editor and move the misaligned section of the audio to where it should be. In your case you'd of course be using the UHD mix as reference (unless you think that the producers of that set got something wrong). But if the audio is drifting out of sync by a lot more, then there's a deliberate difference between the editing of the two releases.
Thanks given by:
(2021-09-03, 03:08 PM)Lio Wrote: When new home video masters are prepared, sometimes they make mistakes. Frames may be dropped or duplicated. If the audio is remixed from the stems, then they may accidentally time the music cues a few frames earlier or later than was originally done.

If the audio is out of sync by a frame or two then I just go into a video editor and move the misaligned section of the audio to where it should be. In your case you'd of course be using the UHD mix as reference (unless you think that the producers of that set got something wrong). But if the audio is drifting out of sync by a lot more, then there's a deliberate difference between the editing of the two releases.

Thanks for the reply.
I can sync the audio up to one spot but the rest of the video has the sync drifting off. I guess there some editing differences then.
Thanks given by:
(2021-09-03, 04:12 PM)uVSthem Wrote:
(2021-09-03, 03:08 PM)Lio Wrote: When new home video masters are prepared, sometimes they make mistakes. Frames may be dropped or duplicated. If the audio is remixed from the stems, then they may accidentally time the music cues a few frames earlier or later than was originally done.

Thanks for the reply.
I can sync the audio up to one spot but the rest of the video has the sync drifting off. I guess there some editing differences then.

I think the black commercial break cuts between the DVD and UHDs differ slightly. I tried to do the same thing with Christmas when I received the UHD collection early this month. I have the 1960s, 1970s and Emmy Honored Collections on DVD.
Thanks given by:
I synced the mono track from the 1960s Collection DVD to A Charlie Brown Christmas. Will do the other crossovers from the '60s, '70 and Emmy Honored Collections as well.

But does anyone know Reaper? It's the program that I'm using to fix the transitional gaps between chapters. One problem I have is that I can't figure out how to listen to all channels at once, so I have to listen for the music when I'm editing, instead of the dialogue. I'm also wondering if it's normal for the render to be so much bigger. The AC3 from the DVD is only 35 megabytes, while my WAV/PCM render is 210 megabytes. My settings:

[Image: peanuts.png]

I've noticed that with a few fan works too. That even VHS rips will have 1500 kbps PCM audio. Even if I lower it to 16 bits, it's still 140 MB. I'm using a sample rate of 48 kHz because that's what it is on the DVD.

Edit: Actually, I won't do the Emmy Honored Collection, since those are 5.1 too.
Thanks given by:
(2021-12-20, 01:54 AM)Warm Gun Wrote: I'm also wondering if it's normal for the render to be so much bigger. The AC3 from the DVD is only 35 megabytes, while my WAV/PCM render is 210 megabytes.

It's normal; it's probably 192 kbps, which is the lowest allowed bitrate for an authored DVD. Your WAV file is not using any compression and is thus much larger.
Thanks given by:
(2021-12-20, 03:37 AM)Lio Wrote:
(2021-12-20, 01:54 AM)Warm Gun Wrote: I'm also wondering if it's normal for the render to be so much bigger. The AC3 from the DVD is only 35 megabytes, while my WAV/PCM render is 210 megabytes.

It's normal; it's probably 192 kbps, which is the lowest allowed bitrate for an authored DVD. Your WAV file is not using any compression and is thus much larger.

Got it, thanks. Yes, they're all 192 kbps. I'm gonna render them at 16-bit or 768 kbps, unless it would be advisable to go 24-bit for re-encodes.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Proposal] The Terminator [1984] Ultimate Purist Collection Stamper 88 29,514 2024-03-05, 10:30 PM
Last Post: weegee2392
Video [Proposal] Cross of Iron (1977) grindhouse German theatrical print audio sync project Plissken1138 4 1,290 2024-01-23, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Plissken1138
  007 Collection - 4k masters on Itunes? SpaceBlackKnight 15 9,362 2023-10-04, 01:03 AM
Last Post: WDW203
Video Halloween (1978) Criterion Laserdisc and synchronized mono mix (spoRv) mak100 0 480 2023-08-06, 08:59 PM
Last Post: mak100
  [Request] Dune (1984): Complete Collection Hydra Spectre 1 773 2023-04-22, 10:19 PM
Last Post: LucasGodzilla
  [Request] Peanuts sponsor tags FrankT 0 526 2022-12-28, 08:24 PM
Last Post: FrankT
Music [Request] Early Bond mono preservations pipefan413 9 5,471 2021-11-01, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Johnny-5
  Legacy Of Rage Laserdisc Audio + Bluray Sync issues eledoremassis02 9 3,655 2021-08-11, 05:27 AM
Last Post: eledoremassis02
  Aliens (1986) Fundamental Collection? jedi55 3 3,099 2021-04-23, 05:08 PM
Last Post: dvdmike
  Eraserhead LD PCM mono track Onti 14 6,362 2020-09-24, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Onti