Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superman: The Movie 4K
Includes the theatrical 70mm 6-track mix (in DD 5.1)!!
Thanks given by:
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=12539&d2=12538&s1=124664&s2=124647&i=0&l=0&a=0
Thanks given by:
I downloaded a rip of it and the 5.1 still sounded the remix to me with that "whooosh" thing in the opening credits.. Confused
Thanks given by:
Yes, the 5.1 track still has all of the new audio effects so it's not the original 70mm mix after all Sad. Here's a list of some posted on bluray.com:

Quote:Originally Posted by Croweyes1121
I wish I wasn't such a purist on the audio for this film and could appreciate the remix, I just can't get passed some of the alterations.

1. The added swooshing effects on the phantom zone.
2. The constant added crystal sound effects throughout the destruction of Krypton sequence.
3. The mixing issues that all-but erase the wind-in-the-wheat moment as Clark leaves the farm.
4. The added door sound effects when Clark first changes into Superman.
5. The added flying sound effect after Superman leaves Lois after saying "A friend". Such a beautiful moment in the original mix with the silent ascent is just ruined IMO.
6. My biggest gripe though is one that no one ever mentions. There's an added flying effect after Superman angrily mouths "Lois!" before flying off to save her. The wind effect as he flies off of the rock totally overwhelms what is perhaps my favorite music cue in the film.

Has anyone ever ripped the LD audio? Apparently that also has the mono-to-stereo transition as the opening titles start. It would be awesome to have this synced to the beautiful UHD video.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 05:54 PM)Turisu Wrote: Yes, the 5.1 track still has all of the new audio effects so it's not the original 70mm mix after all Sad. Here's a list of some posted on bluray.com:

Quote:Originally Posted by Croweyes1121  
I wish I wasn't such a purist on the audio for this film and could appreciate the remix, I just can't get passed some of the alterations.

1. The added swooshing effects on the phantom zone.
2. The constant added crystal sound effects throughout the destruction of Krypton sequence.
3. The mixing issues that all-but erase the wind-in-the-wheat moment as Clark leaves the farm.
4. The added door sound effects when Clark first changes into Superman.
5. The added flying sound effect after Superman leaves Lois after saying "A friend". Such a beautiful moment in the original mix with the silent ascent is just ruined IMO.
6. My biggest gripe though is one that no one ever mentions. There's an added flying effect after Superman angrily mouths "Lois!" before flying off to save her. The wind effect as he flies off of the rock totally overwhelms what is perhaps my favorite music cue in the film.

Has anyone ever ripped the LD audio? Apparently that also has the mono-to-stereo transition as the opening titles start. It would be awesome to have this synced to the beautiful UHD video.

Yeah, 2 different people ripped the LD PCM audio but it was found to be a pretty weak track so it remains unsynced to my knowledge.
Thanks given by:
Ah, that's a shame. Still, with all these changes (and probably more besides), it would be great to have the original audio in any form. Do we know that the LD is the only release that had unaltered audio?
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 07:00 PM)Turisu Wrote: Ah, that's a shame. Still, with all these changes (and probably more besides), it would be great to have the original audio in any form. Do we know that the LD is the only release that had unaltered audio?

The previous bluray releases have the original audio.
And it syncs perfectly from what I checked with the new UHD.

Turisu, that guy talks about the Atmos track.
Many people say the dolby digital 5.1 is the original 70mm 6-track.
I don't know. maybe the one I checked in the rip was a 5.1 fold-down of the atmos track?
Thanks given by:
Is that the only audio track on the rip? If so, almost certainly a fold down.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 09:54 PM)NeonBible Wrote: Is that the only audio track on the rip? If so, almost certainly a fold down.

no. it has an atmos 7.1 (which I can't play) and a 5.1.
Thanks given by:
Good point. I'm going to acquire the disc today and will post back as to whether the 5.1 track does or does not have the added effects.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Superman 1978 dvdmike 3 1,104 2023-04-11, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Turisu
Question Need advice on location changes in the movie Bilbofett 0 844 2022-05-29, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Bilbofett
  textless movie intro?!? spoRv 13 12,343 2020-08-02, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Beber
  Superman 2 longer version on Vudu Booshman 22 20,771 2019-10-21, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ZenLogic101
  Robotech the movie (1986) Fan restoration project Kalhi Balto 7 6,536 2018-12-02, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Kalhi Balto
  Superman the Movie Silver Screen Edition Booshman 8 9,906 2018-10-01, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Booshman
  Sony PSP UMD movie discs SilverWook 23 20,287 2018-02-27, 04:54 AM
Last Post: nafroe
  [Idea] "movie sync" spoRv 2 3,368 2018-02-18, 10:01 PM
Last Post: BronzeTitan
  Request: Extended + Open Matte - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) deblock 9 13,077 2017-08-18, 06:04 PM
Last Post: antovolk
Video MUSE Hi-Vision LD movie sample: Jurassic Park drngr 21 20,558 2017-05-13, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Papai2013