Hello guest, if you like this forum, why don't you register? https://fanrestore.com/member.php?action=register (December 14, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Highlander US Theatrical Cut
Netlix has the US theatrical version of Highlander for streaming. Does anyone have the ablilty to capture and preserve this. I can only find the Directors/ International Cut on DVD/ Blu ray.
Thanks given by:
Just out of curiosity, is there also an HDTV TC version around?

But I think it *maybe* possible to use the BD and cut out the extended shots, using TC streaming or DVD as reference...
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if there is a HDTV version. There are differences in the soundtrack that would require a source for the TC audio. There is also a shot in the TC that's not in the DC.
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-27, 01:58 AM)Booshman Wrote: I'm not sure if there is a HDTV version. There are differences in the soundtrack that would require a source for the TC audion. There is also a shot in the TC that's not in the DC.

Here is a breakdown of the differences.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1898671

Ive never seen the US Theatrical Cut, but looking at the breakdown they made some bizzare choice's of cuts. I had the U.K VHS in the early 90s from Warner Home Video, later getting the U.S DVD Immortal Editon containing the Directors Cut, and there we're differences in the audio between these two.

Ive had a scout about for a HDTV version, but no luck so far.
Thanks given by:
Well, for just 10 seconds (the total of shots not present on DC), I think even if you will use upscaled DVD, nobody will notice it!
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-27, 10:25 PM)spoRv Wrote: Well, for just 10 seconds (the total of shots not present on DC), I think even if you will use upscaled DVD, nobody will notice it!

Agreed.

Are you planning a project booshman?
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-27, 10:55 PM)CSchmidlapp Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 10:25 PM)spoRv Wrote: Well, for just 10 seconds (the total of shots not present on DC), I think even if you will use upscaled DVD, nobody will notice it!

Agreed.

Are you planning a project booshman?

I would like to put together a fanedit of my ideal version of Highlander, which would be a combo of both versions.

To be able to proceed I would need a good source for the US theatrical version, which has some audio I need.

I also would just like a preservation for completionists sake to add to all the alternate vesions of the rest of the movies in the series I have.
Thanks given by:
I'm 99% sure that there was an HDTV version, but it was broadcast so long ago that it is highly unlikely that anyone can acquire it now.
Thanks given by:
I believe I have the TC in HD, I DVR'ed the film from Encore a few years back, the listing says 110 minutes and it has a Fox logo at the beginning. But their logo probably shows up multiple times during the movie.

It's from DirecTV - not sure about compression.

Unfortunately, I don't have a video capture card, so I have no way to extract pure digital HD video from my DVR. (Though I DO have an audio capture card with optical input, so I could possibly capture the AUDIO. If it's not copy protected?)

Anybody in the San Francisco area who can do HD video capturing? (Reading the technical discussions on OT, would HDMI output from a DirecTV DVR have HDCP?) If anybody near me has the right equipment, I'd be happy to lend my DVR to them so they can grab it. Heck, I'd be fine shipping my DVR to anyone within the continental U.S. who'd be able to capture it, provided they ship it back to me at the end of course.

I'm just not sure I'd be able to take such a task on myself, and I don't know if it's worth it to spend a bunch of money just to grab 10 seconds of video?
Thanks given by:
(2015-01-29, 09:53 PM)TServo2049 Wrote: I believe I have the TC in HD, I DVR'ed the film from Encore a few years back, the listing says 110 minutes and it has a Fox logo at the beginning. But their logo probably shows up multiple times during the movie.

It's from DirecTV - not sure about compression.

Unfortunately, I don't have a video capture card, so I have no way to extract pure digital HD video from my DVR. (Though I DO have an audio capture card with optical input, so I could possibly capture the AUDIO. If it's not copy protected?)

Anybody in the San Francisco area who can do HD video capturing? (Reading the technical discussions on OT, would HDMI output from a DirecTV DVR have HDCP?) If anybody near me has the right equipment, I'd be happy to lend my DVR to them so they can grab it. Heck, I'd be fine shipping my DVR to anyone within the continental U.S. who'd be able to capture it, provided they ship it back to me at the end of course.

I'm just not sure I'd be able to take such a task on myself, and I don't know if it's worth it to spend a bunch of money just to grab 10 seconds of video?

I think an upscale would be acceptable for the clip of the cop spilling coffee, but the audio from the theatrical is clincher fo the project to be viable. Would the DVr'd version be in 5.1 or stereo?

Also, how would I find out the audio format for the Netflix stream? Do they do 5.1? I have netflix but no 5.1 setup right now.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Help] Amadeus (1984) 35mm Theatrical-Cut. Help Needed! freedomland 41 8,866 2024-03-02, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Plissken1138
  [Idea] Back To The Future (1985) Theatrical Regrade? DatSWGuy 8 4,462 2024-02-16, 12:30 AM
Last Post: weegee2392
  [Idea] Theatrical Forced Subtitle Style Reconstruction bobbster574 1 218 2024-01-28, 11:13 PM
Last Post: stwd4nder2
Video [Proposal] Cross of Iron (1977) grindhouse German theatrical print audio sync project Plissken1138 4 1,404 2024-01-23, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Plissken1138
  The Warriors Theatrical Cut German Mediabook crampedmisfit1990 109 39,050 2023-12-23, 12:00 PM
Last Post: dvdmike
  Suspiria - R-Rated US theatrical version in HD SpaceBlackKnight 2 1,793 2023-10-01, 10:06 AM
Last Post: SpaceBlackKnight
  [Request] Friday (1995) Theatrical Cut oh_riginal 1 561 2023-08-24, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Yarp
  [Request] Final Destination 2 Original Theatrical Cut Red41804 0 459 2023-08-15, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Red41804
  Beauty and the Beast (1991) original theatrical reconstruction framemaster 2 878 2023-07-12, 08:44 AM
Last Post: SpaceBlackKnight
  [proposal] Robocop - Theatrical Cut alexpeden2000 96 63,413 2023-05-17, 03:01 AM
Last Post: axeyou